Custom Pet Portraits by Artist Zann Hemphill

Art Prints > VanIsleDogArt.com

Beagle Dog Painting

Pet Portrait Prices

Portraits are priced by size, listed here before tax and shipping (if applicable). To get a shipping quote, just email me at [email protected] and I’d be happy to help.

For help choosing the right size, I’ve created a guide that goes through the different level of detail you get at the different sizes, and how to use masking tape to get a feel for whether your portrait will fit your space.

Pet Portrait Prices in Canadian Dollars, before sales tax

Pet Portrait Prices in US Dollars

Multiple Pets in One Portrait

Looking to put more than one pet in the same painting?
If you can get a photo of them together, there’s no extra charge for having more pets in there : )

However, combining multiple photos into one image has a 20% surcharge.
This accounts for extra layouts, as well as the lighting, perspective and relative size variables that come up during the painting process. 

More questions? Check out the FAQ page or get in touch below.

Shipping & Delivery

To get a shipping quote, let me know your location and the approximate size of the piece you’re interested in. I ship worldwide, and deliver locally to Nanaimo, Parksville and Lantzville free of charge. Pickup from my studio is also an option if you’re in the central Vancouver Island area.

For all other locations, I usually ship through Canada Post or USPS, but can use any shipper you prefer.

More Oil on Canvas Custom Portrait Size Options
CAD

6″ x 6″ $250
8″ x 8″  $295
8″ x 10″ $375
10″ x 10″ $425
10″ x 12″ $475
12″ x 12″ $525
11″x14″ $575
12 x 16″ $625
16 x 20″ $725
20 x 20″ $750
18″ x 24″ $800
24″ x 24″ $850
24″ x 30″ $900
24″ x 36″ $1100
30″ x 40″ $1300
36″ x 36″ $1500
30″ x 48″ $1600
36″ x 48″ $1900
48″ x 48″ $2400

 
 
USD

6″ x 6″ $225
8″ x 8″  $270
8″ x 10″ $325
10″ x 10″ $375
10″ x 12″ $425
12″ x 12″ $475
11″x14″ $495
12 x 16″ $550
16 x 20″ $625
20 x 20″ $675
18″ x 24″ $700
24″ x 24″ $750
24″ x 30″ $800
24″ x 36″ $925
30″ x 40″ $1050
36″ x 36″ $1200
30″ x 48″ $1350
36″ x 48″ $1550
48″ x 48″ $1950

Starting Your Pet Portrait

It's Easy!

You can follow the steps below or get in touch by email to chat about it first.
  1. Get In Touch
    I’m sure you have 2-5 photos that capture your pet’s personality, and sending a few over is a great way to get started. You can upload them using the form below, or send them to me via email at [email protected] 
  2. Choose Your Size
    All portraits are priced by size, so take a look at the chart below to find something that fits your wall and budget! Custom sizes are also available, just let me know what you need. A 20% deposit is due when your order is placed, and you don’t have to pay the remaining 80% until you’ve seen and approved the final artwork.

  3. Get the Perfect Composition
    I’ll propose a layout for the portrait based on your photos, including pose, reference material and background treatment. There’s room to play around here! I’ll send over a final mockup so you know right from the outset what direction the piece is going.

  4. Get Updates and Give Approval
    You’ll receive photos of the painting progress as I go, so lots of opportunity to give feedback!Payment isn’t due until you’ve seen and approved the final piece. After that your artwork will be ready to ship or deliver as soon as it’s dry.

  5. Proudly Display Your New Artwork!
    Portraits are shipped ready to display with or without a frame— stretched and wired on 1 1/2″ deep gallery wrap canvas. Oil paintings are UV stable and moisture resistant. Your piece is crafted to last a lifetime.

 

I make sure every customer is happy and satisfied with their purchase before shipping, and offer a 100% money back guarantee if you are unhappy with the result for any reason.

Get started with your own unique animal portrait by filling out the form below, or email me at [email protected]

Contact

I’d love to hear from you! Send me an email with questions or photos and I’d be happy to walk you through the portrait process—I’m here to help.

*** If you’re having a hard time reaching me through the forms, please send me an email! Every now and then the form breaks and sends your message away into the internet void instead of into my inbox and I don’t receive it. If this has happened to you I’m really sorry, I’m a better artist than web designer -_- But email is pretty reliable! ***

Get $25 off!

Your First Pet Portrait

Subscribe to my twice-monthly newsletter and save. I’ll also send you new paintings, tutorials & videos from the studio. Enjoy!